Christmas is coming up on us whether we are ready or not. If you’re anything like me and always plan to have all of your shopping done in October (yea right!), but end up scrambling around 2 weeks before Christmas to find the perfect gifts, then I’m here to help you…to help us!
I’ve curated a quick gift guide for you to give to your loved ones or for the secret santa gift exchange amongst your girls. All of the items are from the brilliant minds of beautiful black women (with a sprinkle of a few Kings)!
1. Her Space Co – The new year is approaching and we are all working on making 2018 a lot better than 2017. Gains, right?! Well, these ladies have created a planner, like no other. It’s like a planner and journal married and had a baby.. a Plournal?…a Janner? No? Well they actually call it the Layered Living Planner. They know that the Juggle is Real. I’m sure your girl would love that you are encouraging her to have a prosperous 2018!
2. Soyful Aromas – Each candle is hand poured by the sweetest person and one of the first people I met, in the Bay, Janét L’amour. My favorite scent is Getaway, but please try them all!
3. ThatArtista – Philece is just as beautiful as her drawings are. She captures the energy and beauty of black women and transfers that to her art. I personally have purchased 4 of her pencil illustrations and have a few more in cart! If you know someone who loves art, this is the perfect gift for her.
4 . All Dem’ Shades – By far one of my favorite Black Owned clothing Brands. I’m an introvert. I typically don’t like conversing with strangers, so I let my clothing do the talking (although some pieces provoke conversation). All Dem’ Shades lets your clothing tell everyone how black and proud you are. Go there now and get 20% off sitewide, with the code HS20. The sale ends December 10th. Get this black bomber and so much more!
5. Hillman Bookstore – A Different World was definitely a show for the culture. I can only imagine that Denise Huxtable grabbed this sweatshirt (probably off the floor) running late to class. So I bought it. Grab one for your people or shop the rest of the offerings from the Bookstore.
6. The Melanin Beaker Mug – We all know that Melanin is the secret sauce. Grab this mug for the coffee loving scientist in your life and let them sip their magic every morning! I’m too excited for mine to arrive! #Melaninpoppin Did I mention that if you order, today, you’ll get $5 off your order?
7. The Write Fit – This brand says that the write fit is more than fashion, it’s a way of life. Refer to gift #4 to be reminded why statement fashion is a must. The best thing about these items is that they are suitable for the man in your life to represent for the ladies, as well! I snagged this beanie, but you should most definitely shop the site to snag something for your peeps!
8. Nicholle Kobi – We have ALL seen Nicholle’s prints floating ’round the internets. Well, all of her images are actually available for purchase as posters, on coffee mugs, stationery and tote bags! Grab one or grab them all. This notebook is one of the many items on my wish list…hint hint.
I hope that you found something on the list to stuff in a stocking or gift to yourself. I mean, from all the last minute shopping you’ve done, you deserve it.
Merry Christmas to you all!